New Forum

Visit the new forum at http://godelsmarket.com/bb

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Platitudes

How many journalists fail to understand what they write about? I'm really not sure. I don't want to be hard on anyone. I especially don't want to be hard on this lady but I can't help it. I don't even know if she's a quantitative analyst herself. Maybe she is. Maybe she is writing from experience. But, shit.

So many journalists just spew out whatever generalizations they can come up with: Quants just use spreadsheets. Quants have caused much of the crisis. Believing in a formula can destroy the world.

Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps. It would, however, be nice if you contributed something with a little more meat on it. Do a little research. Dig a little. Instead, I'm seeing tons of opinion pieces from people who have never participated in what they are talking about and many news articles that aim for sensation rather than insight.

/two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment